HIBBETT & CITY GEAR RETURN POLICY
Effective March 23, 2020, the FREE return window for online orders has been temporarily extended to 90 days.
Hibbett Sports continues to offers FREE returns for 60 days for in-store purchases.
At Hibbett Sports we pride ourselves on delivering a premium customer experience. Our desire is that each and every customer is satisfied. We offer FREE returns following the guideline outlined below.
How do I return a product that I purchased online?
You choose: return online or in any of our 1000+ hibbett sports stores.
- Some of the products sold on the Hibbett | City Gear website and apps can be directly returned to a local Hibbett Sports store. For some online purchases, the only available return option is return via mail. To quickly see if your product is eligible to be returned to a Hibbett Sports store please use the “Start a Return” link below. When you return the item back to a store please bring one of the following: your order confirmation email, shipment email or packing list that came with your shipment. This information will assist us in locating your order and issuing a refund. Items without a receipt or purchase documentation are not available for refunds. Only a merchandise credit may be issued in certain instances.
- Items sold online cannot be returned to a City Gear Store. These items must be returned via mail using Start a Return.
- All online purchases may be returned via mail. To return an item via mail please Start a Return. Standard ground return shipping is free. All other methods will be paid by you.
Effective March 23, 2020, Hibbett Sports has temporarily extended the return window for online purchases to 90 days. You have 90 days from the time your order originally ships to return it.
You have 60 days from the date of purchase to return items purchased in a Hibbett Sports location.
How do I return a product I purchased in a Hibbett Sports store?
- All store purchased products must be returned in store. This includes items that were purchased in a store and shipped to your home.
- To begin a return, bring your receipt or copy of your shipment order and product to over 1000+ Hibbett Sports stores.
- Items without a receipt or purchase documentation are not available for refunds. Only a merchandise credit may be issued in these instances.
Do you charge restocking fees?
Hibbett does not charge restocking fees on online or in-store orders.
Items with a receipt
We will refund any items unworn and unwashed, in like new condition, within 60 days of purchase for items bought in-store and 90 days for items purchased online. Items must include original packaging and tags. There are no restocking fees. If your item was purchased in a store it needs to be returned in store.
Items purchased more than 90 days or without a receipt
Items purchased in-store more than 60 days ago and items purchased online more than 90 days ago and/or those items without a receipt may be given a merchandise credit equal to the current price. These items must be unworn, unwashed and in “like new” condition. Items purchased online that are past the 60 or 90-day return window cannot be returned by mail for a merchandise credit. These returns must be made to your local store for a merchandise credit.
How funds are returned?
Returns of items purchased in a hibbett sports store:
- If a product(s) qualifies for a refund the refund will be issued in the same method of payment as original purchase. Cash will be issued where the original payment was check or debit card.
- If a personal check was used you must wait four (4) business days after purchase to initiate your refund. If you used a gift card or merchandise card to pay or partially pay for your transaction please see the “GIFT CARDS AND MERCHANDISE CREDITS” section below.
- Please allow up to 14 business days to process your return. Your funds availability depends on the rules of your financial institution which is usually within 30 days.
Returns of items purchased online:
- For a product(s) that qualifies for a refund and that is returned in store, the refund will be issued in the same method of payment as original purchase. Cash will be issued where the original payment was by a debit card.
- For a product(s) that qualifies for a refund and that is returned via mail, the refund will be issued on the same credit card as the original purchase. Please allow up to 7 business days for us to receive your return and an additional 5 business days for us to process your return. Once processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with your order. The refund is typically applied to your original form of payment within 4-7 business days from the date we process your return, but your financial institution may take up to 30 days to apply the funds.
If you used a Hibbett Sports gift card or merchandise card to pay or partially pay for your transaction please see the “HIBBETT GIFT CARDS AND MERCHANDISE CREDITS” section below.
City Gear gift cards may not be used to pay or partially pay for your transaction online at Hibbett.com or at a Hibbett Sports store location. City Gear gift cards may be used only at City Gear store locations.
Hibbett gift cards and merchandise credits
- May be used to make purchases at any Hibbett store or online at Hibbett.com.
- Cannot be used at City Gear stores.
- Are non-refundable, non-returnable and are not redeemable for cash (except where required by state law).
- If you returned an item which was paid for in full or partially paid for using a gift card or merchandise card on our website, we will refund the amount on a digital Hibbett gift card which you will receive via email.
- If you returned an item which was paid for in full or partially paid for using a Hibbett gift card or merchandise card in our Hibbett Sports store, we will refund the amount on a new merchandise or gift card.
What products are not returnable?
- Items that have been worn or washed or are not in like new condition.
- Certain items are covered by manufacturer’s warranties. Click here to see if your product qualifies.
- PLEASE NOTE: Baseball/softball bats cannot be returned if the wrapper has been removed. If you have used your bat and believe it is defective, you must contact the manufacturer for a warranty claim.
- Items that are customized.
- Some products purchased at Hibbett.com (including all apps) may not be returnable in store. Please see “How do I return a Product that I purchased Online?” for further information.
Some defective products may be eligible for a manufacturer’s warranty claim. Not all products are warrantied. Warranty claims with the vendor will require an original sales receipt.
*ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR BATS AND SUNGLASSES MUST BE HANDLED DIRECTLY WITH THE MANUFACTURER. DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE OR MISSHIPPED.
Accidents happen. Please contact customer service for assistance.
CITY GEAR STORE RETURN POLICY
City Gear stores do not offer a return policy and do not accept returns of merchandise. City Gear will exchange merchandise OR give store credit within 14 days of purchase if:
- Store receipt accompanies merchandise
- Item is in new condition
- All original tags are attached to merchandise
Store credit will be issued only if the original receipt is presented.
City Gear stores do not accept returns or exchanges of merchandise purchased online at the Hibbett | City Gear website & apps and do not give store credit for merchandise purchased online at the Hibbett | City Gear website & apps.