Whether you choose to play with an official World Cup, Copa America or Champions League ball, ignite your gameday play with an array of licensed competition and training soccer balls.
Hibbett | City Gear offers performance-crafted soccer balls that are just right your league, skill level and age group. With our thorough knowledge of both indoor soccer and outdoor soccer, our collection of soccer balls is stocked with the latest innovations from Nike, Wilson and adidas in an array of colors and sizes.
Selecting the Right Soccer Ball for You
Where do your matches take place? Do you play on an indoor court with artificial turf? Or do you lug folding chairs to the fields every Saturday to cheer on your kindergartener in the outdoor heat? Just like different playing surfaces require different types of cleats and game balls, we know that players of different sizes and ages require soccer balls in varying sizes.
But how do you know what size is right for you or your budding soccer star? Before you buy a soccer ball for gameplay, check your league rules on soccer ball size. And consider this:
- Soccer Ball, Size 5: Players over the age of 12
- Soccer Ball, Size 4: Perfect for players in the 8- to the 12-year-old age range
- Soccer Ball, Size 3: For children ages 7 and under
- Training and Mini Balls: Great for learning footwork and dribbling skills
Soccer Ball Semantics
- The most prominent design element of a soccer ball is the pentagonal and hexagonal panels covering the ball. Most soccer balls have either 18, 24 or 32 panels stitched or glued onto the ball’s lining. FIFA Standards mandate a 32-panel ball for games, so double-check with your league on an approved ball.
- What’s inside that ball? An air chamber called a bladder, usually made of butyl or latex. Most balls need between 9 and 10.5 pounds of air but check the ball so you don’t over- or underinflate it.
Hibbett | City Gear Soccer Selection
Look to Hibbett | City Gear as your go-to soccer headquarters. We’ve got a premium selection of Nike, adidas and Wilson balls designed with high-quality materials that hold up in the heat of the moment. When you shop online, you can quickly narrow your search for the right ball by size, color, price, brand and even gender. If you prefer to shop in-stores, let the pros at Hibbett | City Gear connect you or your player with the perfect soccer ball.