Date of Last Revision: May 29, 2018
To the extent we provide you notice on our Platform of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
Linkable Table of Contents
a. Information You Provide To Us
You may provide us with personal information and demographic information such as when you order a product, contact us, register an account, or sign up to receive information from us on the Platform. More
b. Information We Collect and Store As You Access and Use the Platform
Certain information may be collected from you automatically through various technologies when you access and use the Platform. More
c. Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may receive information about you from other sources. More
d. Interactions With Third-Party Services
If you interact with third-party services, those services may send us information about you and you or we may send them information about you. More
e. Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may provide us information about others, such as when you send a friend a message through our Platform. More
f. California Do Not Track Disclosures
We currently do not offer an option to send “do not track” signals, but you may have certain other options regarding tracking and/or targeting. More
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes detailed in this section. More
We may provide your information to third parties under various circumstances detailed in this section.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request information about sharing of certain personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting us using the methods described in this section. More
We and third parties may send you targeted ads based on your browsing and shopping history. If you object, you can exercise choices some third parties may offer. More
We may allow you to access third-party content on the Platform, or to link to third-party applications and locations from the Platform, but we are not responsible for your interaction with third-party content, apps, and locations. More
You may change certain information and preferences, and access information provided to us. More
Data may be transferred to the United States. More
No data security is absolute, but we take reasonable steps to secure your data appropriately. More
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without permission from a parent or guardian. If you think we have, let us know. More
You may contact us by email, phone, or mail, as detailed in this section. More
We collect information we receive from you, from your activities on the Platform, or through purchases you make from us. Information we receive from you may include, but is not limited to, information you share with us when you order a product on Hibbett.com or a Hibbett Mobile App, enter a Hibbett Promotion, register as a member of Hibbett Rewards, subscribe to Hibbett Mobile Alerts, participate in one of our email or internet marketing campaigns, or communicate with our employees.
You share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you may share information with us when you:
- Purchase a product at Hibbett.com or on a Hibbett Mobile App
- Download or use any portion of our website, Hibbett.com
- Use a Hibbett Mobile App
- Purchase a product in one of our stores
- Register for a Hibbett account at Hibbett.com (which also registers you for Hibbett Rewards)
- Register for Hibbett Rewards
- Subscribe to Hibbett Mobile Alerts, Hibbett’s SMS text messaging service
- Subscribe to Hibbett Product Launch Alerts, another Hibbett SMS text messaging service
- Request customer service or otherwise contact us
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages
- Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey
- File a claim or complaint, request an investigation of any kind, or participate in same
- Communicate with one of our team members at one of our stores regarding products, purchases, and other matters, including communications regarding use of Hibbett.com or a Hibbett Mobile App for any purpose, including ordering product
- Otherwise communicate information to us
When you engage in these activities you may share different types of information with us, including:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth or Age
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Telephone or Mobile Number
- Credit or Debit Card Account Number
- PayPal Account Information
- Apple Pay Information
- Social Media Information, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter ID
We and third parties acting on our behalf for our business purposes also collect information that you provide to us through various technologies, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit Hibbett.com. This information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Platform. This information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate any non-identifying information with your personal information, we will treat it as personal information.
You also provide us with information in other ways through various technologies. Some of this information may be linked to your device without your knowledge. This information helps our website and/or Mobile App work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts, thereby improving the experience we offer. Here are some examples:
- We or third parties acting on our behalf collect technical information when you visit our websites, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- We also operate in-store cameras for security and operational purposes, which help us to improve the design of our stores and to serve our customers.
- We collect information directly from you to improve customer service. For example, when you choose to send an email to any of our email addresses (@hibbett.com), you are, by default, also sending us your email address. After we receive your email, we store your provided email address and content so that we may properly address your questions and concerns.
Hibbett does not store or save in its systems credit card, debit card, PayPal, or other financial account information. All payment processes are executed and managed by third parties on behalf of Hibbett.
We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records and improve the experience we offer. We collect information needed to support our business.
You may send someone else a communication from the Platform, such as sending an invitation to a friend. If so, the information you provide (names, email addresses, mobile number, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Platform, your email address, mobile number, name or user name and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
Hibbett uses your personal information to provide you products and services. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as marketing, store operations, operation of Hibbett.com, and asset protection.
Some examples include:
- To communicate with you about your requests;
- To process your offers to purchase product on Hibbett.com and in our stores;
- To register and service your Hibbett Rewards account;
- To register and service your Hibbett Mobile Alerts subscription;
- To register and service your Hibbett Product Launch Alerts subscription;
- To personalize our advertising and improve customer service;
- To help us improve your experience in our stores and websites;
- To respond to reviews, comments or other feedback you provide us;
- To process purchases with gift cards and track gift card balances;
- To protect the security and integrity of our services and business; and
We may share the information we collect with third parties under various circumstances. These may include:
- Within the corporate family of Hibbett Sports, Inc., which includes subsidiaries and affiliates, in order to provide you with products and services;
- With companies that provide support services to us, including but not limited to e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, printers, banks and payment processors, data enhancement, management or processing services, fraud prevention providers, shipping services providers, product vendors, advertising vendors and gift card processors;
- With third parties administering sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
- With third-party drop-shippers;
- To third parties when you request information from or provide information to them;
- To comply with any administrative and legal requirements;
- On social media such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you have commented or tagged a post on our social media site or in connection with a Hibbett promotion;
- If there is a sale or transfer of some or all of our or our affiliates’ business assets, we may transfer information regarding Hibbett customers as needed, and we may also retain such information; and
- At your request.
If you are an applicant for employment with us and applying for one of our job openings via our website, we will not collect any information via one of our websites. Upon beginning the application process, you will be redirected to one of our third party service providers. We have contracted with these providers to employ appropriate security measures and protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the information you provide. As such, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all websites operated by any of our employment-related third party service providers for more information on the applicable company’s privacy practices. Please also see Section 6 below for further information on third party links.
If you are a California resident, please see Section 4 below, entitled “Your California Privacy Rights,” for further information on your rights with respect to third party sharing.
As discussed above, we collect various types of personal information about you while you are on our website. Under California law, if you are a resident of California you may make a written request to us to request how we have shared your information with nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may contact us at email@example.com or via U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc., Attention: Chief Privacy Officer, 2700 Milan Court, Birmingham, Alabama 35211, or call Hibbett Customer Service at (844) 362-4422.
In response to your written request, we will provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with nonaffiliated third parties (i.e., those with whom we do not share the same brand name), if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, if you are a California resident under 18 years old and you have an account on Hibbett.com, you can request that we remove content that you have posted to our website or other online services. To request removal of content or information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us via U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, to Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc., 2700 Milan Court, Birmingham, Alabama 35211, ATTN: Chief Privacy Officer, or call Hibbett Customer Service at (844) 362-4422.
For your convenience, our Platform may contain content, links, or apps that are supplied by a third party and may direct you to a third party website. The presence of any such content, links, or apps that appear on our website or other parts of our Platform should not be deemed to imply that we endorse or have an affiliation with the associated third party website. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy practices, or the content of such other websites. We encourage you to review the separate privacy policies of each website that you visit.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration or a transaction.
You can generally access contact information and user preferences that you provide to us by logging into your account and accessing “My Account.” To help protect your privacy and security, we will take steps we consider reasonable to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Platform, such as administrative and Platform-related announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
Our Platform is not available to persons located in member countries of the European Union or the European Economic Area (“EEA”).Hibbett does not process personal data of data subjects in the European Union or the EEA related to the offer or sale of goods or services to data subjects in the European Union or the EEA.
Hibbett does not process personal data of data subjects in the European Union or the EEA related to the monitoring of behavior of persons in the European Union or the EEA as far as their behavior takes place within the European Union or the EEA.
We take the security of the information you provide seriously. We work to prevent unauthorized access and maintain data accuracy by employing security measures intended to deter unauthorized access to your information. We use security measures, including physical, administrative and technical safeguards that we consider commercially reasonable and appropriate to protect the information you provide to us. While we implement these security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible and, as such, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment, and quality of information, title and non-infringement, and you waive all claims therefor.
Hibbett recognizes the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. As such, we do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. In the event we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent required by COPPA, we ask that you email email@example.com, write to us via U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, to Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc., at 2700 Milan Court, Birmingham, Alabama 35211, ATTN: Chief Privacy Officer, or call Hibbett Customer Service at (844) 362-4422.
YOU AND HIBBETT AGREE THAT: (1) ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY MUST BE RESOLVED THROUGH ARBITRATION; (2) WE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY; (3) RIGHTS THAT WE EACH WOULD HAVE IF WE WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS DISCOVERY OR THE RIGHT TO APPEAL, MAY BE MORE LIMITED OR MAY NOT EXIST; (4) WE EACH MAY ONLY BRING A CLAIM IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; AND (5) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS OR CLAIMS OR OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we both retain the right to pursue in a small claims court any claim that is within that court’s jurisdiction and proceeds on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis.With the exception of residents in New Jersey, you and Hibbett agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim must be filed within one (1) year after such claim arose or be forever barred.
The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Consumer Arbitration Rules issued in Sept. 2014.Please contact the AAA for a copy of the rules.For your convenience, the arbitration may be conducted in the federal district where you reside.It may be held by telephone or through written submissions if both you and Hibbett agree.Any award rendered shall include a written opinion and shall be final, subject to appeal under the FAA.This provision survives any termination of your access to the Platform or any other aspect of your relationship with Hibbett.If the class action waiver is deemed unenforceable, then this entire arbitration provision shall be rendered null and void.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION WITHIN THIRTY DAYS OF YOUR FIRST USE OF THE PLATFORM OR YOUR PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT (WHICHEVER IS FIRST) BY WRITING TO US VIA U.S. CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, AT HIBBETT SPORTING GOODS, INC., 2700 MILAN COURT, BIRMINGHAM, AL35211, ATTN: LEGAL DEPT.