Jordans with jeans? Yes, please.
The Air Jordan brand cross divides between who wears them and how they do it. Sure, AJs help players execute the perfect fadeaway on the basketball court, but they’re also a cultural icon and synonymous with streetwear and fashion.
But how do you actually wear Jordans and give off a polished, yet effortless vibe? Hibbett | City Gear is here to help with tips on how to wear Jordans. Read on for a few outfit inspirations with Jordans that might have you trending.
Tips for What to Wear with Jordans:
- Insta-worthy style. If that means building your look around your Jordans… do it. With our impressive selection, you will definitely find the right shoes for your look.
- All about colors? Make sure your shoe’s colorway matches your outfit.
- Consider your style. Last but least keep your personal style at the forefront. If you like rocking plain white tees or pastel cardigans, Hibbett | City Gear has the right pair of Jordans for your outfit.
All About Those Slims
Skinny jeans have become the go-to denim silhouette for a long time, and for good reason. Their figure-hugging silhouette flatters any body type and gives a lengthening appearance. Now add that style to sneakers and you have a winning combo. Pair them with an extra-chunky Jordan and your outfit will be a showstopper.
- Jordan 8 Retro: With all their ’90s flair, these women’s Jordans, with their Aqua colorway, are anything but subtle. Want to go full 1990s? Sling a fanny pack around your waist.
- Jordan 12 Retro: That Wolf Grey “rising sun” upper pattern riding atop hot-pink colorblocking, along with a unique lacing system, really makes the outfit.
- Jordan 7 Retro: The all-black men’s Jordan shoe — with hints of yellow, including on the Jumpman branding — gives these classic shoes a slick, modern vibe.
The Straight and Narrow
Forget “mom jeans” or “dad jeans.” A pair of straight-fit jeans add a no-nonsense aesthetic to your look. Try them in a grey or black wash for a modern spin. Any Jordans look great with this style of jeans, but we’re digging a mid-top shoe with an oversized tongue for added visual interest.
- Jordan 1 Mid: Get that timeless bball style with these slick mids in a White and Obsidian colorway, inspired by the shoe that started it all.
- Jordan 3 Retro: You don’t have to be a 56 point scoring player to look like a slam dunk. We’re fans of the lightweight, visible cushioning for the comfortable fit of the original and the mulit color look what is sure to make your outfit pop.
As with basketball shoes, the nineties are out in full force, and that extends to jeans, too. Ripped knees, frayed hems, frosted finishes — the more the deconstructed/worn-in look, the better. Adding a pair of Jordans gives a more polished appearance to the entire ensemble.
- Jordan React Havoc: This lower-top style gives a sporty look with an all-around comfortable ride.
- Jordan Alpha 360: Look sharp in this sleek, foot-hugging trainers that allow you to also show team spirit.
Now that you’ve got some ideas, head on over to your local Hibbett Sports store for a pair of denim and the Jordans to match. Or browse our online inventory.