What Features Should I Look for in Football Cleats?
An essential part of football is the footwear. Football cleats provide traction, support and durability for the wearer while allowing game-long breathability.
Some features you’ll find in your football cleats:
- An upper composed of a synthetic leather and mesh combo for lightweight breathability.
- Forefoot straps which offer added support.
- Padded ankle collars
- Mid-cut or high-top styles, which provide maximum ankle support.
- Removable insoles to allow for cleaning and replacement.
- Most football cleats don’t have full-length midsoles, instead using wedges or sole units for cushioning.
- Replacement-style natural surface outsoles for increased use.
- How Do I Find My Fit?
When trying on any type of cleats or shoes, make sure to wear the socks you’d normally wear during game play. Allow enough room for the toes to move comfortably when you’re standing — i.e. snug fit with adequate room for movement. Ensure your heel fits snugly, since the heel counter is less padded and more firm.Shop Football Cleats